Where You've Seen Us...
5 Amazing Tips For Using Tea Tree Oil Around The House
Today, I’d like to share with you 5 amazing tips for using Tea Tree Oil around the house you may not have thought about…
- Clean Your Makeup Brushes. Simply mix a couple of drops of mild shampoo or even detergent with a couple of drops of Pure Tea Tree and water in a cup. Swirl your brushes around until you get all that old crusty makeup to loosen on your brushes. Rinse in tepid water under the sink until the water runs clear. Extra tip: never soak your brushes as the glue holding them together may come apart. Let the brushes air dry and they’ll look like new again. Not to mention, they’ll be bacteria free. 🙂
- Clean Your Toothbrushes. Not only does Tea Tree Oil cure bad breath…download our Tea Tree Oil Guide to learn more about the benefits, it can effectively kill bacteria that is hiding in and around the bristles of our toothbrushes. Place a few drops on your toothbrush once a week and rub it around the bristles. Then rinse.
- Make a DIY Anti-Fungal and Antiseptic Cream. Mix together a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil with Coconut Oil and you have an effective anti-fungal and antiseptic cream that can be used for athlete’s foot, minor cuts and abrasions, rashes, and other skin conditions.
- Multi-Purpose Cleaner. Mix together 4-5 drops of Tea Tree Oil and warm water in an 8 ounce spray bottle. Shake thoroughly to mix the essential oil. Use this natural powerful cleaner to wipe down counter tops, toliets, trash cans and other household items that require routine cleaning. Extra tip: Sometimes I add a few drops of Eucalyptus and Lavender Essential Oils. What a lovely smell they all make blended together.
- Freshen Up Your Laundry. Add a few drops of Tea Tree to your washing machine after every couple of loads. You’ll be amazed at how fresh your laundry comes out smelling.
We’d love to know how you’re using Tea Tree Oil in your household. Comment below.