Where You've Seen Us...
Exfoliate Your Skin With A DIY Lavender Oil and Sea Salt Body Scrub
Exfoliating is one of the most important things that you can do to promote healthy skin. Sloughing off that dead, dry tissue from the surface of your body supports cellular turnover to help with skin’s natural renewal process. Regular exfoliation allows you to keep your body skin feeling smooth and silky and can even diminish imperfections like scars and discoloration.
This recipe for DIY Lavender Oil and Sea Salt Body Scrub allows you to reap all of the benefits of exfoliation without having to resort to using the harsh chemicals found in commercial beauty products on your skin.
To make the body scrub, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 36 Ounces of Sea Salt. Sea salt comes in fine and coarse varieties. If you’re looking to exfoliate only rough areas of the body like the feet, elbows and knees, use coarse salt. If your skin is very sensitive or overly dry, it’s best to use the fine variety. For a scrub that is safe to use from head to toe on all skin types, use half coarse and half fine sea salt.
- 4 Fluid Ounces of Natural Moisturizing Oil. You can use any premium natural oil that is a liquid at room temperature. Sweet Almond Oil is a great choice for creating an anti-aging scrub due to its antioxidant benefits. The healthy fats in avocado oil make it ideal for drier skin, and you can use vegetable glycerine to properly hydrate oilier skin types.
- 1/2 Fluid Ounce of Southern Zoomer Lavender Essential Oil
- Optional: You can also add a pinch of dried lavender buds for a pretty finishing touch if you wish.
To make the scrub, just follow these steps:
- Place the salt in a large, deep bowl.
- Add the natural moisturizing oil of your choosing and stir with a wooden spoon.
- While stirring, add Southern Zoomer Lavender Essential Oil. Mix well.
- Optional Step: Stir in the dried lavender.
It’s that simple! You can use the Lavender Oil and Sea Salt Body Scrub immediately or package it in glass jars to save for later.
Tip: Make a jar for yourself and another for your best friend as a gift of love. 😉