Where You've Seen Us...
Essential Oil Recipes Using Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil has long been one of my favorite essential oils. Its delightful taste and scent coupled with the tingly sensation it leaves on skin makes it ideal to be used in many beauty recipes.
Today, I am going to share with you some of my favorite concoctions using peppermint essential oil so that you can have some fun creating great beauty products and experience the effects of the oil yourself.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
I use this mixture several times a week to ensure that my skin stays soft and blemish free. I love the way it feels and smells. Here is how you create your own:
Combine the essential oil and sweet almond oil in a glass container. Then pour over the granulated sugar. Mix until the sugar is coated. To use this scrub, simply scoop out a ball the size of your palm and gentle massage onto the skin. It will leave you feeling refreshed, awake and silky smooth.
Amazing Peppermint Body Wash
Nothing compares with this body wash! It gets you clean while also leaving your skin hydrated and smooth. The peppermint oil is a great at waking you up and leaves your skin refreshed and ready to start a new day.
- 4 Cups distilled water (you can make your own by boiling the water before hand and letting it cool)
- 1 bar Castile soap grated
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- The liquid from 2 vitamin E capsules
- 20 drops of Peppermint essential oil
This is slightly more involved than the last recipe. Follow the directions below and you will be fine.
- Bring distilled water to a boil.
- Add in the grated Castile soap and stir until the soap is melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the glycerin, vitamin E, and the essential oil. Stir the mixture till all is incorporated.
- Let the concoction sit undisturbed (this is important to ensure the proper texture) for 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour cooled body wash into clean containers and enjoy!
These are just two of the many different ways you can incorporate peppermint essential oil into your daily routine. Try them, and I assure you that you will love the tingly, refreshing nature of this oil!