Where You've Seen Us...
7 Magical Reasons to Use Tea Tree Oil
One of my favorite essential oils to have around the house is tea tree oil. It earns its place at the top of my ranks because of its variety of uses. It can be used to make a wide array of products for your home and body that you might not be aware of.
Below are 7 of the best uses for this amazing oil:
- All Purpose Cleaner: A simple mixture of tea tree oil and water makes a highly effective and chemical-free cleaner. You can mix it in a spray bottle and use it to wipe down countertops, door knobs, and any other surface that needs a quick cleaning / disinfecting.
- Treat and Heal Acne: Many dermatologists recommend using tea tree oil to treat and cure acne. The powerful anti-septic and anti-fungal properties of the oil combined with its gentle moisturizers makes it ideal for destroying the bacteria that cause many types of acne breakouts. The skin heals faster and the oil helps prevent scarring.
- Flea Barrier: The powerful natural scent of tea tree oil is a great flea deterrent. A few drops of the essential oil on your dogs bedding will prevent blood-sucking fleas from taking up residence there. However, do not apply the oil directly to your pet’s skin, as this can be an irritant.
- Eliminate Ringworm: For those of you who don’t know, ringworm is not actually a worm at all; it is a fungus that naturally grows on skin in a round pattern. It can be an itchy irritant to all mammals, which means you can catch it from your pets and vice versa. Tea tree oil’s a serious anti-fungal and can be used to kill the fungus and eliminate the itchy rash associated with it.
- Cure Foot and Nail Fungus: Like ringworm, tea tree oil can help cure your feet of athlete’s foot and nail fungus. Simply soak your feet in warm water with a few drops of tea tree oil for 10 minutes and watch the fungus fade. Hello sandal season! 🙂
- Cleans and Kills Mold and Mildew: A mixture of tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar is an exceptional mold and mildew cleaner. This can be used in the bathroom to scrub grout or in the washing machine to freshen mildewed towels and swimsuits.
- Tooth-Ache Relief: Although it is not recommended that you ingest tea tree oil, it can still be used to effectively treat a tooth-ache. Simply place a drop on a cotton swab and apply to the sore tooth, and the pain should dissipate.
With such a variety of uses, tea tree oil is truly the jack of all trades of the essential oil world. Its versatility and effectiveness have made it very popular. Isn’t it time you tried it out?